Universal Studios in Orlando, FL, is home to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (WWoHP). You can visit Hogsmeade and/or Diagon Alley, and if you have park-to-park tickets then you can ride the Hogwarts Express between the two locations.
In 2014 Universal Studios held the first ever event called A Celebration of Harry Potter, and it was wildly successful. They did it again in 2015, and just recently announced that they will hold the third annual A Celebration of Harry Potter from January 29 - 31, 2016.
As of this writing details are few and far between of what we can expect, but here is what we know so far:
- General park tickets will give guests the opportunity to participate and experience the following events that will be open to the public:
- Q&A sessions with Harry Potter film talent
- Interactive and unique exhibits featuring Harry Potter brand partners such as Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, Pottermore, Scholastic, MinaLima, and Harry Potter: The Exhibition
- Special panels and demonstrations regarding various aspects of the Harry Potter stories
- Limited quantity tickets for vacation packages go on sale at 12 noon EST on August 19, 2016, including packages for Florida resident annual passholders. On-site hotel packages will start at $235 per person per night (prices are slightly less for annual passholders), and will include the following exclusive benefits (I strongly recommend that you read the restrictions to see what each package requires):
- Special guest access to the “A Celebration of Harry Potter” Expo
- Admission to a private evening reception in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Special guest access to panels and demonstrations
- A welcome package
You can go to Universal Studio's website for complete details about the packages that are available. If you plan on buying a package then I suggest that you set a reminder on your calendar because they are limited and sell out quickly.
As for me, I am going to start saving my money now for the 4th annual event in 2017!